Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Chris has approximately 17 years of public accounting experience. His experience includes audit and financial consulting for publicly owned and privately held businesses. Areas of industry concentration include power generation, oilfield service, midstream energy, hospitality, manufacturing and software development companies.
His experience also includes assisting publicly owned and private equity groups with mergers and acquisitions, to include the quality of earnings, transaction modeling and associated due diligence procedures.
His SEC reporting experience includes reporting on Form 10K and Form 10Q. He is also in charge of the Firm's SSAE 16 engagements.
He provides audit and financial reporting services to clients with international operations including U.S. and foreign-owned companies with multiple subsidiaries and locations.
Chris is also a member of the PKF Texas energy, IFRS, transaction advisory services and employee benefit plan teams.
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Power Generation
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Private Equity
- Computer Software Development
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
CM&AA, Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor
CVA, Certified Valuation Analyst
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Audit Director, 2014 - Present
Audit Senior Manager, 2008 - 2014
UHY, LLP, Houston, TX
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting, 2000
Former United States Marine – Military Police, 1992 - 1996
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs
- Association of Mergers & Acquisitions Advisors
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Rice Business Plan Competition – Official Accountant
- Turnaround Management Association Houston Chapter – Board Member
- "5 things to consider under the new lease accounting standards” – Houston Business Journal, May 2016
- "What you need to know about compilations, reviews and audits to obtain a loan or line of credit” - Houston Business Journal, January 2016
- "Private Company Standards: Not Always a Better Route" - Houston Business Journal, March 2015
- "Private Company Decision-Making Framework update" - Leading Edge Digital Magazine - Spring 2014
- “IFRS for SMEs: An Update” – Leading Edge Magazine – Summer 2010
- “The Impact of the Impending IFRS Conversion” – Leading Edge Magazine – Winter 2009
- Accounting for Business Interruption Claims – PKF Texas Internal Department Guidance
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
Accounting is the language of business, and I've always been interested in how businesses and the capital markets operate.
What do you like best about helping clients?
Helping them get to the right answer and sharing our insights from our industry knowledge.
What energizes you about your job?
The opportunity for new challenges.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
Our growth mindset.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
TAS is an opportunity for PKF Texas to expand its service lines.
Where are you from?
What do you do in your spare time?
Read, exercise, spend time watching my kids play sports.
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Do you own any pets?
What kind of music do you like?
Everything, all the way from country to classical.
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
Patrick Lencioni, The Ideal Team Player
What's your favorite vacation destination?
Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
Not a person but a group - the U.S. Marines.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, AAAPM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA