Frank Landreneau, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Frank has extensive experience providing domestic and international tax consulting and compliance services to private and public entities based in the U.S. and throughout the world.
His experience includes assisting clients operating in various foreign tax jurisdictions with a variety of international tax issues, such as transfer pricing, global tax minimization and international organizational structuring. Additionally, he consults with companies on a number of complex tax issues related to acquiring and divesting of subsidiaries to realign their businesses. He also can assist with accounting method changes, flow-through tax planning, IC DISCs and FAS 109 deferred tax analyses, as well as uniform capitalization issues, IRS examinations and other tax planning techniques.
While at PKF Texas, Frank has become the outsource solution for international tax services for many offices. Frank’s area of focus also includes repatriation and outbound planning involving foreign holding company structures.
- Energy & Oilfield Services
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director, 2008 – Present
Senior Manager, 2005 – 2008
Grant Thornton LLP, Houston, TX, 1998 - 2005
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting, 1990
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Master of Science - Accounting & Taxation, 1988
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Houston Partnership – World Bank Taskforce
- District Export Council
- Houston International Tax Forum
- PKF North America – Chair, International Tax Community of Practice
- Leading Edge Alliance – Chair, International SIG
- British American Business Council
- German American Chamber of Commerce
- International Tax Review – Top International Tax Advisor in Houston - 2007
- "Business Planning and Considerations for Reopening Houston" - Greater Houston Partnership, May 2020
- "Opportunity knocks in Houston, but beware the tax man" - 7th Annual Aberdeen-Houston Gateway, March 2019
- Interview, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act impacting manufacturers - San Antonio Express-News, 2018
- Panelist, Aberdeen Houston Gateway Cross-Atlantic Energy connections
- Panelist, International Business Forum
- PKF NA Manufacturing Niche Conference – International Tax Issues for Manufacturers
- Houston International Tax Forum – Hybrid Entity Provisions of the 5th Protocol of the U.S.-Canada Treaty
Video Series – PKF Texas – The Entrepreneur’s Playbook®:
- “International Tax Treaties and Affect on Entrepreneurs”
- “What to know about International Tax”
- “Where to Look for International Growth”
- Article mention, "Practice Profile: Triple threat" - Accounting Today, July 2019
- Article mention, "Opportunity knocks in Houston, but beware the tax man" - Energy Voice, March 2019
- 2019 National Manufacturing Outlook and Insights Survey - With more than 350 participants, this survey report contains the expectations and opinions of manufacturing executives in more than 20 states across the country producing a wide variety of products including industrial/machining, transportation/automotive, construction, food and beverage and other products. If you have questions regarding the results or nature of this survey, please contact us.
- Tax Advisor -
- “New Temp. Regs. Under Sec. 905(c)” - 2008
- “Notice 2007-13 – Loosening the Rules Surrounding Substantial Assistance” - 2007
- "New Subpart F Look Through Rules" - 2006
- "Revamping the Dual Consolidated Loss Regulations" - 2005
- CleanTech Capital Alert - "AIM offers listing options for fast-growth companies" - 2006
- Leading Edge Magazine -
- Congress Approves Tax Extenders, More – Winter 2007
- Tax Incentives for Exporters Continue after EIE – Fall 2006
- London’s Alternative Investment Market & U.S. Tax Challenges – Summer 2006
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I became an advisor to assist entrepreneurial clients grow their businesses globally.
What do you like best about helping clients?
I like the satisfaction of partnering with middle market clients to put money back into their businesses to expand.
What energizes you about your job?
What energizes me about public accounting is the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that is constantly challenging.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
What energizes me about working at PKF Texas is to help international clients through working with teams of professionals with diverse backgrounds.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
I am passionate about international tax, because I get to experience seeing how tax systems around the world interface with ours.
Where are you from?
Ville Platte, LA
What do you do in your spare time?
Watch detective shows and classic situation comedy programs.
What's your favorite season?
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Do you own any pets?
Red, purple and royal blue.
What kind of music do you like?
Music from the decade of the 1980s is the best.
The Jason Bourne movies.
Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
My wife...very supportive.
What is your most-prized possession?
My polo shirt collection.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA