Chris Dodd, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Christopher has a comprehensive experience in a variety of industries, including junior mining exploration, energy and oilfield services, and professional services. He has experience working with companies that are structured as multi-tier partnerships, corporate consolidations or international businesses with U.S. subsidiaries. He works with companies who have multi-state, federal and international activity. His client experience consists of entrepreneurial-run businesses, as well as private equity-backed companies.
In addition to his compliance and consulting work, he is heavily involved with recruiting for PKF Texas.
- Junior Mining Exploration
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Private Equity
- Professional Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Manager, 2017 – Present
Manager, 2014 – 2015
Senior Associate, 2011 - 2014
Associate, 2009 – 2011
Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co., Houston, TX
VP Finance & Admin, 2015 – 2017
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Business Administration - Accountancy
Master of Science - Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- “Reflecting on Tax Year 2014: The Foundation of a Successful Team” – A look at what makes an effective team – Main Street Practitioner, 2015
- “Substantiation is Key in Safeguarding Charitable Deductions” – A review of substantiation requirements for charitable deductions – Houston Business Journal, 2014
- “Changes in the Final Tangible Property Regulations” – A review of the new tangible property regulations (T.D. 9636) – Leading Edge Magazine, 2014
- “Pit Stops and Pitfalls: A Look Back at Busy Season” – A review of situations to look out for during public accounting busy seasons, Main Street Practitioner: The Magazine for Tax and Accounting Professionals, 2014
- “Friend or Boss: Redefining Work Relationships” – Guide for young professionals who have been recently promoted - Leading Edge Magazine, 2013
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I like to be a problem solver.
What do you like best about helping clients?
Similar to my first answer: I like to get my hands dirty and solve problems.
What energizes you about your job?
Each new day brings a new set of challenges.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
The wide variety of clients and opportunities.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
Middle market companies are the life blood of the American economy. The middle market is where the future Fortune 500 companies start out.
Where are you from?
What do you do in your spare time?
Brew beer, read, travel.
What's your favorite season?
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Do you own any pets?
Yes, a dog.
Blue, but during the fall, Scarlet (Go Coogs!)
What kind of music do you like?
What's your favorite vacation destination?
I try to not visit places twice, because there is so much I have not seen.
- Keith Bateman, CPA
- Graham Brooks, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Jen Edmiston, CPA
- Mandi Fields, CPA, PHR, SHRM-CP
- Valerie Frey, CPA
- Mark Goode, Jr., CPA
- Renee Kroesch, CPA
- Olga LaBrie, JD, LLM
- Amir Mirab, CPA
- Douglas Parker, CPA
- Emily Phillips, CPA
- Miriam Rouziek, CPA
- Alicia Welshimer, CPA
- Annjeanette Yglesias, CPA