Mohamad Al-kawafha, CPA, CGMA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Mohamad is an Audit Senior Manager and has extensive external financial statement audit experience in various industries of both public and privately held companies with a concentration with energy and energy-related companies, spanning the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors, as well as manufacturing. His experience also includes consultation and preparation of GAAP and IFRS financial statements, including extensive note disclosures and related technical research, as well as internal controls over operations and financial reporting and related process evaluation. Mohamad has developed quality relationships with our clients, as well as his team members.
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Health Care
- Professional Services
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
CGMA, Certified Global Management Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Senior Manager, May 2018 - Present
AOT Energy Americas, LLC, Houston, TX
Controller, September 2017 – April 2018
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, Houston, TX
Senior Manager, June 2017 - August 2017
Manager, July 2014 – June 2017
Senior Associate, July 2013 - June 2014
Briggs & Veselka Co., Houston, TX
Senior Associate, November 2012 – July 2013
Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC, Baton Rouge, LA
Senior Associate, January 2009 – November 2012
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA
Senior Associate, May 2004 – June 2007
Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA
MBA - Concentration in Accounting, 2008
Irbid National University, Irbid, Jordan
Bachelor of Science – Accounting, 2001
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Independent Petroleum Association of America
- Houston Energy Finance Group
- AICPA Legacy Scholar Coach Committee member, 2013 – Present
- AICPA Young CPA Taskforce Committee member, 2013 – 2015
- Houston CPA Society Energy Committee, 2017 – Present
- Houston CPA Society Audit and Accounting Committee, 2016 – Present
- Houston CPA Society Accelerate Committee, 2017 – Present
- “Breaking borders: The Journey of Mohamad Al-kawafha’’ – AICPA.org, July 2014
- Mohamad was one of 37 members across the country to be selected by the AICPA Leadership Academy 2013 class – Graduate, 2013
- Mohamad was selected by the Houston CPA Society Accelerate class – Graduate, 2016
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I choose to be an CPA/Advisor, because I like to help the world be a better place by protecting the public and providing guidance and assistance to business owners/management. Accounting is the backbone of any company, as accounting defines the financial health of the organization. As a CPA in the middle market, I have had the opportunity for increased technical training and the capability to explore different accounting issues my clients have experienced, which, in result, I can transfer this acquired knowledge to my other clients.
What energizes you about your job?
My personality makes me always want to be better and help others be better. By being in public accounting, I have the opportunity to provide training to young teams and advise on my clients' financial health. To see the growth of your team and clients, I cannot put into words the value and joy it gives me.
Where are you from?
I'm originally from Jordan, but I have been living in the U.S. for more than half of my age, which makes it my second country.
What's your favorite sport to follow?
- Mohamad Al-kawafha, CPA, CGMA
- Tom Aune, MCSE, CISA, CPA
- Pete Cao, CPA
- Debra Chastain, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Binh H. Duong, CPA
- Hanh Duong, CPA
- Shelly Hayes, CPA
- Jen Lemanski
- Becky Leong, CPA
- Patty Lindsay, CPA, CGMA
- Chad Neckar, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Kristin Ryan, CPA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Angelica Vaquera, SHRM-SCP
- Kimberly Wood, CPA, CEPA