Accounting Dept. - Senior Associate
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is actively seeking an Accounting Senior Associate. This position reports directly to our Controller and works collaboratively with the members of our team.
This position performs a variety of accounting activities related to the firm’s time and billing and accounting systems. Responsible for the daily accounting operations for the firm, including cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, creation of bills in time and billing software, reconciling client accounts, work in progress, fixed assets and other accounting functions according to the established procedures or as directed by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. Assist Controller in daily functions of accounting department and monthly reports to directors and shareholders.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of three (3) years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience related to a computerized accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks.
- CPA license is a plus.
- Firm administration or office manager experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Software including Excel and Word.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Power BI.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner. The volume of work during busy seasons is typically higher than at other times of the year.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral or diagram form.