EAS Senior Associate - Accounting Assistance
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is seeking an Accounting Assistance Senior Associate to join the Entrepreneurial Advisory Services (EAS) group to provide a range of services to our clients including accounting assistance, cash flow management, accounting software support, budgeting and budgetary controls, accounts payable/receivables and other consulting. This individual should have a client service orientation, professional appearance, integrity and mature demeanor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary accounting systems and procedures.
- Recognizes needs and issues pertinent to client activity and demonstrates ownership of an engagement’s day-to-day tasks and activities.
- Provides accounting training for clients including accounting software, account reconciliation, and general bookkeeping.
- Is conscious of and works to achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Appropriately manages risk and ensures quality control procedures are being executed.
- Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests.
- Is proactive in seeking opportunities to achieve target chargeability.
- Understands that time may be spent in both the Firm’s offices and/or the client’s premises. Additionally, client service activity may not always be predictable, and may be subject to immediate change or on-call requests with very short notice. Travel may be required and sometimes is unpredictable, depending on client’s needs. Some flexibility required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Full charge bookkeeping experience and a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Experience as an assistant Controller or Accounting Manager preferred.
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- CPA license or CPA eligibility is required.
- Ability to research accounting issues.
- Ability to effectively use Quick Books and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Quick Books certification is desirable.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written and oral form.
- Supervisory skills are required.
- Ability to travel approximately 75% to client sites (mostly around Houston)